Not only will we teach you how to reuse your greywater and grow your own food, we'll even recommend a good Chianti — but you'll have to make it at home.
You can read the Guide straight through, or you can jump directly to a chapter (see below).
Here is what we recommend you do to prepare:
- Take a deep breath — we've been where you are now! Believe us, the more you prepare, the more confident you will feel that you can handle peak oil.
- Stock up on food
- Prepare a disaster kit (FEMA will have even more trouble helping when oil is scarce)
- Decide where you are going to live
- Join or create a local post carbon group at TransitionUS.org
- Buy or barter for the products you'll want post-peak
- Learn to repair or make something tradable that will be valuable post-peak (sorry, that college degree may not be that handy any more)
— The Post Peak Living Team