United Actions is looking for determined, committed and creative volunteers to join our global team.
1. UA Ambassador
Position: UA Ambassador
United Actions is looking for volunteers to join our global team of UA Ambassadors. The UA Ambassadors are based all over the world and work in different time zones. They choose their own working hours.
The UA Ambassadors take great pride in their role and are a constant source of inspiration to those around them. They lead by example. They mentor people in their communities; inspire, support and empower people to use their potential, to take action and make a positive impact on local /global communities. They build their own United Actions team that they supervise to carry out activites within the framework of United Actions. The UA Ambassadors communicate with fellow UA team members via email, instant messaging and Skype etc.
- Represent United Actions, spread the United Actions project and raise awareness on the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs);
- Transfer information and toolkits to people in your community by word of mouth, in person, emails and social networking on online applications such as Facebook, MySpace and other;
- Build and manage your own United Actions team in your respective country;
- Organise at least one UA workshop on own initiative or with other UA team members;
- Assist with developing the United Actions project.
- Work efficiently independently and as part of a team;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and strong leadership skills;
- Good knowledge of English (oral and written). Bilingual or multilingual a plus;
- Reliable access to the internet and experience with social networking;
- Take a keen interest in international affairs and demonstrate a commitment to contribute to
United Actions and to the wider community;
- Self-motivated, dynamic and a self-starter.
This is a great opportunity for you to make an extraordinary impact on the world. Join our global team and make a difference. Send your CV/resume and a short summary on why you want to volunteer for United Actions and, what you can bring to the UA project to: email@example.com.
Write ‘UA Ambassador’ in the subject line.
United Actions is looking for volunteers with experience in the following areas:
Strategic Planning/Budget Planning
English-Spanish Translation/ English-French Translation
Video Production/Multimedia/Graphic Design.
United Actions is a global project running from 2009 to 2014. United Actions was launched to support the achievement of United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by 2015.
United Actions works to realize the potential of citizens across the globe to mobilize a concerted global action to respond to the humanitarian challenges of our time and to create positive change and development on a global scale.
Don't wait for solutions; create them.
* How can you make a difference in your local/global communities?
* How can you transform your ideas into actions?
* Will you use your potential to make a positive impact on the world?
The aim of this questionnaire is to stimulate reflection about social change, leadership and development and to find out what most concerns, motivates, inspires and challenges you in a local and global context.
You can copy and paste the questionnaire along with your answers and send it via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the 30th April 2009.
1. What positive change would you like to see in your country? In the world?
2. What development would you like to see in your country? In the world?
3. What is your greatest concern in your country? In the world?
4. Who is responsible to make it happen?
5. If you could change the world and/or effect change in your country…would you do it? If yes, how?
6. What does it take for you to take action? What do you need to make it happen?
7. What do you think is the greatest obstacle to achieve the change you want to see?
8. Can you think of someone who shows strong leadership? and tell the reasons why.
9. What do you know about the Millennium Development Goals?
10. What/who inspires you?
UA Project Team