Planning 2.0: A Collaborative Platform for Actionable Intelligence
by Mark Drapeau
Government 2.0 is transformative
Gov 2.0 is about changing the status quo of government in various ways. What are those ways? They include but are not necessarily limited to: innovation by government, transparency of its processes, collaboration among its members, and participation of citizens. In total, these would constitute a huge transformation of government, at any level.
Government 2.0 is multi-leveled
Copyright © 2010 O’Reilly Media, Inc.
Learn more and preorder at the book’s catalog page.
- 1. Government As a Platform
- Lessons Learned from the Success of Computer Platforms
- Lesson 1: Open Standards Spark Innovation and Growth
- Lesson 2: Build a Simple System and Let It Evolve
- Lesson 3: Design for Participation
- A Robustness Principle for Government
- Lesson 4: Learn from Your “Hackers”
- Lesson 5: Data Mining Allows You to Harness Implicit Participation
- Lesson 6: Lower the Barriers to Experimentation
- Lesson 7: Lead by Example
- Practical Steps for Government Agencies
- About the Author