The SourceBook is a concise (58 pages), attractive and user-friendly personal manual for contributing to a sustainable world. It contains essential information on the state of the planet and recommended solutions, effective actions for greening your life, and a resource directory of useful organizations, books, films and websites.
We will make available updates on the book periodically that can be downloaded from our site.
• Overview of the global vital signs and trends in the most critical areas: aaa- Environment: Ecosystems and Natural Resources
• Wherever possible, accompanying these trends with viable solutions, and ideas about how to best implement these solutions.
• Principles and actions for "greening" one's personal life and lowering one's ecological footprint, covering energy use, purchasing & investment guidelines, waste, transportation, food choices, etc.
• How communities can become (and are becoming) more sustainable.
• Guidelines for creating and running Community Action Teams.
• Directory of organizations relevant to personal engagement and action, with description by category. This includes a regional section (San Francisco Bay Area), national and international.
• Listings of useful books, films and websites that similarly support citizen education and engagement.