- The wisdom to perceive the interconnectedness of all life and living.
- The courage not to fear or deny difference; but to respect and strive to understand people of different cultures, and to grow from encounters with them.
- The compassion to maintain an imaginative empathy that reaches beyond one's immediate surroundings and extends to those suffering in distant places.
Diversity should not beget conflict in the world, but richness.
Earth is originally a green oasis with no need for national borders; it is the venue for the shared existence of humankind, the embodiment of our common destiny.
Imagine there's no countries
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
The United World Colleges
"United World Colleges makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.
United World Colleges believes that to achieve peace and a sustainable future, the values it promotes are crucial:
* International and intercultural understanding
* Celebration of difference
* Personal responsibility and integrity
* Mutual responsibility and respect
* Compassion and service
* Respect for the environment
* A sense of idealism
* Personal challenge
* Action and personal example"
More on United World Colleges: www.uwc.org