Biodiversity on The Edge (COP9)
What ? International Youth Conference for the Protection of Biological Diversity (Download Flyer.pdf)
When ? 13th – 19th May 2008
Where ? Bonn, Germany
In face of the 9th Conference of Parties (COP9) for the Convention of Biological Diversity, the German Youth Association for the Protection of Nature (NAJU) and Youth and Environment Europe (YEE) are planning an international youth conference. Young environmentalists from Europe, Africa, South America and Central Asia, who are interested in dealing intensely with the protection of biodiversity, are cordially invited to participate. The aim of this conference is to deal with this complex topic in a critical manner and to compose a resolution at the end of the meeting. The conference is also intended to emphasize the intercultural exchange among the participants.
The program contains:
- Discussions around the Convention of Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Full range of different workshops (e.g. climate change and biodiversity; WTO and fair trade; threat of the oceans etc.)
- Intercultural evening and live music
- Excursions in Bonn and surroundings
- Handing over of resolution to COP9
- Making of a conference movie
- Open space and planning of actions
and much more…
The deadline for application is 15th of March.
Part of your travel costs will probably be reimbursed. Accommodation and food is free.
For sending the application form or for questions please contact:
phone: +49 30 - 284 984 1924