The Sustainable Schools Framework was built on the principle of care – of oneself, of others and of the environment.
There are 8 doorways in the framework which are approached through Campus, Curriculum or Community approaches. The Doorways are: Food and Drink; Energy and Water; Travel and Traffic; Purchasing and Waste; Buildings and Grounds; Inclusion and Participation; Local Well-being; and Global Dimension.
The following resources offer a range of informative resources designed for governors, bursars, pupils, teachers
and school leaders, as well as those supporting schools such as local authorities and NGOs.
- Framework Resource
- Planning a Sustainable School; Driving School Improvement through Sustainable Development
- Revised s3: sustainable school self-evaluation: Driving school improvement through sustainable development
- s3 Sustainable Schools Self-Evaluation; Driving School Improvement through Sustainable Development
- s3+ Sustainable Schools Self Evaluation for Local Authorities: Enabling Local Authorities to strategically drive school improvement through sustainable development
- SEEd Climate Change Resources Map
- Teaching Sustainable Schools Resource – Primary
- Teaching Sustainable Schools Resource – Secondary
- ESD in the UK in 2008: A Survey of Action The UN Decade of ESD, 2005–2014
- ESD in the UK 2010
- Evidence of Impact of Sustainable Schools
- Every Child’s Future Matters
- Opportunities for improved carbon savings from spend on education buildings
- Practice, Barriers and Enablers in EE and ESD; A Review of Research