The Global City Indicators Program is structured around 22 “themes” organized into two Categories that measure a range of city services and quality of life factors. These Categories and themes are listed below:
City Services – includes services provided by city governments and other entities.
- Available, up to date, and able to be reported annually;
- Readily comparable among cities globally;
- Relevant for public policy decision making and/or linked to established goals (e.g. MDG);
- Cost effective to collect;
- Meaningful to cities across the globe regardless of geography, culture, affluence, size, or political structure;
- Understandable and not overly complex;
- Clear as to whether changes in the indicators are good or bad.
|Table 1: Global City Indicators|